Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

economic support 
    division manager - SHEILA DRAYS


Henry Dodge Office Building
199 County Road DF
Second Floor
Juneau, WI 53039








Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


The Dodge County Economic Support (ES) Unit, a member of the Capital Consortium, provides assistance to those experiencing economic hardship. The Capital Consortium consisted of Adams, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Juneau, Richland, Sauk, and Sheboygan counties. The ES Unit determines eligibility for FoodShare, Child Care, Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus Medical Assistance programs. Dodge County ES Unit also manages the Child Care Certification program. 

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.


The following can be done online and/or by phone: 
♦  Apply for benefits   ♦   Report Changes
 ♦  Ask questions   ♦   Make/reschedule an appointment 
 OnlineAccess (Click link - will open in new window.)
 Phone: 1-888-794-5556 
Fax: 1-855-293-1822

     Have health insurance questions Health Insurance Questions - Spanish 

 For more information regarding Wisconsin Income Maintenance consortia: - Forward Health (Click link - will open in new window.)

Office hours are Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appointments can be scheduled
outside of normal office hours upon request.

Spanish speaking interpreters are available on site.
Interpreters for other languages can be made available upon request.

Dodge County Community Resource Guide-A guide to resources in the community including rental/housing assistance, food pantries, medical assistance, transportation, parenting resources etc.

Guía de Recursos de la Comunidad del Condado de Dodge-Una guía de recursos en la comunidad incluyendo asistencia para alquiler/vivienda, despensas de comida, asistencia médica, transporte, recursos para padres etc.

The unit provides services through the following public assistance programs:
(Click on a link below to view more information. When clicked, new window will open.)

 Child Care Certification
There are many benefits to becoming a certified child care provider. Some of these benefits include being able to provide care for Wisconsin Shares Subsidized children, participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to be reimbursed for meals, having access to a wide variety of resources and technical assistance to help you succeed, and receiving referrals of families looking for a daycare provider. If you are interested in becoming a certified child care provider, please call 920-386-3760 and ask for the Certification Worker. We will set up a meeting with you where you will learn about becoming certified and will receive all necessary forms and documents.

Click here to find a Child Care Provider

Food Share (formerly known as Food Stamps)
Food Share can be used to pay for food in order to make it easier for persons to have a healthy adequate diet. Some clients may be referred to the Food Share Employment and Training Program for assistance in seeking and obtaining employment. 

Food Share Employment & Training (FSET)
The purpose of FSET is to provide Food Share recipients the assistance and support they need to obtain competitive employment. FSET utilizes the strengths, needs and preferences of the job seeker to provide services that will result in successful competitive employment, while promoting economic self-sufficiency.

In order to be eligible for Medical Assistance an individual must belong to one of the following groups: 
    ♦ Under age 19 
    ♦ Over age 65 
    ♦ Disabled as defined by Social Security. 
    ♦ Part of a family where one or both parents are either unemployed or incapacitated, 
    ♦ Part of a family where only one parent is living in the home as a result of divorce,
        separation, and unmarried parenthood. 
    ♦ Be a pregnant woman. 
    ♦ Be uninsured and low income.

    Please refer to the following web sites for additional Medicaid program
(external links, will open in a new browser window):

    ♦ BadgerCare
    ♦ HMO/Managed Care
    ♦ Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP) 
    ♦ Medicare Premium Assistance Program 
    ♦ Wisconsin Well Woman Program

Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)

The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy crisis situations.  Operating with federal and state funding, the program provides assistance to households across the state to help lower the burden incurred with monthly energy costs.  Most types of fuel are eligible to receive assistance.  Whether you use wood, propane, natural gas, electricity, or fuel oil to heat your home, energy assistance is available if you qualify.

Heating Assistance-WHEAP assistance is a one-time payment during the heating season (October 1-May 15).  The funding pays a portion of the heating costs, but the payment is not intended to cover the entire cost of heating a residence.

Electric Assistance-Your household may be eligible to receive a payment for non-heating electric energy costs through funding provided by Wisconsin's Public Benefits.

Crisis Assistance-A household may be eligible for crisis assistance if you have no heat, have received a disconnect notice from the heating vendor, or are nearly out of fuel and do not have money to purchase more.  Crisis assistance is intended to provide emergency and/or proactive services to assist eligible households experiencing an energy crisis.

Furnace Assistance-WHEAP emergency heating system assistance can provide services to eligible home owners if the furnace or boiler stops operating during the heating season.  Heating system assistance includes payment for repairs, or in some situations your residence may qualify for a total replacement of a non-operating furnace or boiler.

How to Apply-Your household may be eligible for WHEAP services based on a number of factors.  Households must complete a Home Energy Plus application through the local WHEAP agency.

Energy Services 
107 Henry Street STE 1 
 Beaver Dam, WI 53916

For more information on the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) and how to apply, please call 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947) or visit

Wisconsin Shares - Child Care
Assistance for childcare costs for those who are working, attending high school or looking for work. Single parent households will be referred to the Child Support Agency.

Click here to find a Child Care Provider

Please refer to the following websites for additional program information:

    ♦ ACCESS - Your Connection to Programs for Health, Nutrition and Child Care
    ♦ Caretaker Supplement
    ♦ Child Support On Line Services
    ♦ Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
    ♦ Dislocated Workers
    ♦ Divestment
    ♦ Earned Income Tax Credit
    ♦ Estate Recovery
    ♦ Job Seeker Services
    ♦ Job Center of Wisconsin
    ♦ Kinship Care Program
    ♦ National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
    ♦ SeniorCare
    ♦ United States Department of Health and Human Services
    ♦ USDA Food and Nutrition Services (FNS)
    ♦ Worker’s Compensation

 Wisconsin Works (W-2) and FSET programs in Dodge County are run by:

Forward Service Corporation
They are located at: 
834 Park Ave.
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin 53916
Their phone numbers are:
920-306-2396 & 920-306-2508

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.




Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer