Mediation Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

When parents in Family Court are not able to reach an agreement regarding custody, placement, or other parenting issues, they must be referred to mediation with Dodge County Family Court Services.

You can also file a request for mediation services with the Dodge County Clerk of Courts office.

There is no fee for your first mediation.  If this is not your first mediation, you and the other parent will be ordered to split the mediation fee.

To find out when a mediation session is scheduled, re-schedule your mediation session, or for more information, call Dodge County Family Court Services at (920) 386-3620.

If you and the other parent are unable to reach an agreement in mediation, the judge or court commissioner will generally appoint a guardian ad litem (GAL) and order a custody study.  A guardian ad litem is an attorney appointed to investigate the case and represent the best interests of the child(ren) in further court proceedings.  You and the other parent will be responsible for additional fees for these services.