Appealing a Decision

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

            If you wish to appeal a decision of the Family Court Commissioner, you may file a request for "de novo review" with the Clerk of Courts.  A de novo review is a new hearing of the matter in front of the judge.  Requests for de novo review in a family case must be filed with the Clerk of Courts within 30 days of the FCC's decision.  You cannot request a de novo review if the decision was based on a stipulation (agreement by the parties) or default (you didn't show up for your hearing).

            Decisions of a judge can be appealed to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.  You are strongly advised to retain an attorney if you wish to pursue action in the Court of Appeals.