On September 10, 2019, a petition was filed with the Dodge County Clerk requesting the establishment of an inland lake protection and rehabilitation district pursuant to Section 33.21, Wis. Stats. Lands affected by said Petition are parcels contiguous to Beaver Dam Lake, being located in the Townships of Fox Lake, Trenton, Calamus, Beaver Dam, and Westford, and the Cities of Beaver Dam and Fox Lake.
A public hearing was conducted by the Dodge County Land Resources and Parks Committee on the petition for the formation of the Beaver Dam Lake District on Thursday, October 3, 2019. The hearing provided an opportunity for all interested persons to offer objections, criticisms, or suggestions to the necessity of the proposed district as described by the parcel identification numbers attached to the notice, and to the question of whether their property will be benefited by the establishment of such district.
Upon consideration of the public hearing testimony and other information, the Land Resources and Parks Committee presented a Report along with a favorable recommendation to the Dodge County Board for consideration. The County Board is scheduled to consider the resolution to establish the Beaver Dam Lake District at their February 25th, 2020 meeting.
If the Board decides to approve creation of the Beaver Dam Lake District, the Board will then need to appoint 3 owners of property in the District to the initial Board of Commissioners. The initial Board of Commissioners is charged with the responsibility to get the Lake District up and running and preparing for the first annual meeting per State Statutes 33.27.
Dodge County is seeking individuals interested in being considered for appointment to this initial Beaver Dam Lake District Board of Commissioners if the District is formed. Those interested in being considered for appointment need to own property within the district and must notify the Dodge County Land Resources and Parks Department of their interest in writing. Complete the Initial Board of Commissioners Interest Form online and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print out the form, complete and mail it to Land Resources and Parks Dept., 127 E. Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039. Forms must be received by Friday, January 31st in order to be considered.
The form is also available from the County Clerk’s office and the Land Resources and Parks office in Juneau. The Land Resources and Parks Committee will make the selection and forward a recommendation to the County Board for appointment.
- Dodge County Board of Supervisors - Resolution 19-63 - Establishment of the Beaver Dam Lake District
- Land Resources and Parks Report to County Board - December, 2019
- Beaver Dam Lake District - Cover Letter and Verification of Petitions
- Public Hearing Notice - Exhibit A and Exhibit B
- Public Hearing - Agenda
- Written Statements - Received Prior to the Public Hearing
- Beaver Dam Lake District - Public Hearing - Recording (YouTube)
- Transcript of the October 3, 2019 Public Hearing
- Wisconsin State Statutes - Chapter 33
- Beaver Dam Lake Improvement Association
- People of the Lakes: A Guide for Wisconsin Lake Organizations (UW-Stevens Point/UW Extension Publication)
- Initial Beaver Dam Lake District Board of Commissioners Interest Form