Office Location and Hours
Dodge County Administration Building, 1st Floor
127 East Oak Street
Juneau, WI 53039-1329
Phone: (920) 386-4251
Fax: (920) 386-4248
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
The County Administrator is an appointed position, created by the Dodge County Board in January 2008. Mr. Mielke began his duties as County Administrator in September 2008. County Administrator duties include:
- Act as the administrative officer of the County
- Coordinate and direct all administrative and management functions of the County not otherwise vested by law in board or commissions, or in the other elected officers
- Appoint and supervise the heads of all departments of the County except those elected by the people and except where the statutes provide that the appointment shall be made by elected officers, but the County Administrator shall also appoint and supervise all department heads where the law provides that the appointment shall be made by a board or commission, by the chairperson of the County Board, or by the County Board.
- Coordinates, prepares and presents an annual budget to the County Board with recommendations
- Administers and monitors adopted annual budget
- Assists in preparing agendas for and attends County Board meetings
- Coordinates the transaction of all County administrative business with Federal, State, and local officials
Mr. Mielke began his administration career in 1997 as Interim City Administrator for the City of Ripon, Wisconsin. Prior to arriving at Dodge County, he held the position of County Administrator of Ogle County, Illinois. Former administrative experience in Wisconsin includes Village Administrator for Trempealeau and New Glarus. Mr. Mielke has also served in elected positions - Board Trustee for the Village of DeForest and Supervisor on the Green County Board.
Mr. Mielke holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geography / Economics from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point and a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Professional affiliations include: International City/County Management Association, Wisconsin City/County Management Association and the National Association of County Administrators.