The Southern Housing Region recently received notice of a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for housing rehabilitation.
Eligible Counties: Columbia, Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Sauk, Walworth and Washington.
The following entitlement communities are not eligible: Racine, Beloit, Janesville and Kenosha. Funds are available for the following types of projects:
Homeowners– These funds will be lent to eligible households for home repairs. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan.
- Tenants – Loans are available to assist with purchasing a home. The loan is a 0%, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. Funds can assist you with down payment and closing costs. There will also be funds available to make repairs to the home that you purchase.
- Landlords – Installment loans are available for landlords who rent to tenants that are low to moderate income. The loan is a 0% interest loan. Contact the program administrator for more details.
The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs:
- Handicap Accessibility
- Replace Windows & Doors
- Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters & Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Updates
- Connect Water and Sewer Lines
- Painting, Siding and Porch Repairs
- Other General Improvements
Households can apply for the housing program at any time.